Thursday 26 February 2009

The Kabeedies rocked at the Ruin Thurs 19th review


Sorry it has taken me so long to get around to this, I have only just recovered.

THE KABEEDIES TOTALLY TOOK OVER THE PLACE!!!

The gig was awesome, I knew it was going to be ace when HEXA played. The 8 piece Brooklyn maestros were 8 dates into their 2nd UK tour when they hit the ruin. Playing a storming set of about 15 or so 2 minute Gems. The highlights being 'Hurt me again' in which Preeya and Davis perform a well rehearsed conversation and argument through the song (it's about shagging around I think) which has extra spice added when you know they are a couple in real life! and 'Classes' which bubbles along like any Phil Spector Classic.

By the time The Kabeedies got to the stage it was going to be a hard act to follow. Looking at them as they took the stage, young innocent, bedecked in floppy fringe and spray on jeans all Doc Martin's polished to an immaculate shine by mums gentle hand, you had to worry for them. Any Paternal instinct on my part was misplaced however as from the word go they turned into a four piece ball of energy that finally burnt itself out 30 mins later. The new song 'Fuzzy Felt' was spectacular as was 'King Canute' the only disappointment being the absence of 'Treasure Hunting' from the set.

If you were a Dilbert and missed it don't worry, I have them back on April 30th, see I really look after you don't I

No comments:

Post a Comment